Machine Quilting for Beginners Class
Teacher: Mariya Waters
After spending so much time and effort piecing a quilt have you always wanted to finish it yourself at home rather than sending it to a quilter? Come join the Australian and International award-winning quilter; Mariya Waters as she shows you how to create gorgeous quilting designs using your domestic machine.
This class will cover free form filler patterns for backgrounds, sashing and borders and has been designed to improve your ability at guiding the quilt sandwich through the machine with ease. Lots of information on needles, batting and marking techniques is provided in the class.
Date: Thursday 4th January 2024
Time: 9.00am to 3.00pm
Location: Patchwork with Gail B Shop (Bayswater)
Class Price: $120 – This price includes the tutor but does not include fabric or other requirements (such as threads etc)
A Free motion quilting foot for your sewing machine is essential. It may need to be ordered from your sewing machine shop
Patchwork with Gail B Class Policy
– Full payment of class fees is required at the time of enrolling to secure your place in a class
– All classes require a minimum number of students to run. Final confirmation for the class will be given 7-10 days prior and class requirements will be emailed at this time. We suggest that you only purchase your requirements when the class is confirmed.
– If the class is cancelled due to insufficient numbers, government imposed restrictions and lockdowns or another reason outside the shops control, a full refund, enrollment transfer to the rescheduled date or store credit will be given. No other refunds can be given for classes.
– No catch up classes are available
– No children are allowed to attend classes (unless specifically stated for the class)
– Sewing machines (if required for class) must be in good working order and you must know how to operate them
– Where classes are project based, given different level of skills and sewing pace, the project may not be completed by the end of the session.
– An email address must be provided for communication. If you do not have an email address, you will need to visit the store to receive the class requirements list up to 10 days prior to class start.