Patchwork for Beginners
Teacher: Lynne Roe
Have you always admired a beautiful quilt and wanted to learn how to make one? We are so excited that for the first time in years a beginners patchwork class is coming to Patchwork with Gail B. Come join our very own Lynne and learn how to create your own quilt from start to finish. In this class, the talented and knowledgeable Lynne, will take you from the very basics and over the course of 7 sessions will cover techniques such as cutting, strip piecing, pressing, chain piecing, flying geese, half square triangles, sashing, borders, basting, walking-foot quilting and binding giving you the skills and confidence to then go and work on other basic patterns.
This class is perfect for a complete beginner wanting to learn to patchwork or for anyone wanting to improve their skills and learn some tips and techniques from a new perspective. You will also get the chance to meet like-minded people and have your own quilt to take home too!
Weekly Classes on a Wednesday (Duration 7 Weeks)
Dates: 26th October, 2nd November, 9th November, 16th November, 23rd November, 30th November AND 7th December
Time: 9.30am to 12.00pm
Location: Patchwork with Gail B Shop (Bayswater)
Class Price: $250 for all 7 sessions
** A sewing machine in good working order and knowledge of how it works is essential for this class**
Class Fee does not include class requirements such as fabrics and sewing supplies including threads, scissors, pins etc
For more details on requirements contact the shop via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9729 3635 or pop by to have a chat with one of our friendly team.
This class is suitable for complete beginners
Patchwork with Gail B Class Policy
– Full payment of class fees is required at the time of enrolling to secure your place in a class
– All classes require a minimum number of students to run. Final confirmation for the class will be given 7-10 days prior and class requirements will be emailed at this time. We suggest that you only purchase your requirements when the class is confirmed.
– If the class is cancelled due to insufficient numbers, government imposed restrictions and lockdowns or another reason outside the shops control, a full refund, enrollment transfer to the rescheduled date or store credit will be given. No other refunds can be given for classes.
– No catch up classes are available
– No children are allowed to attend classes (unless specifically stated for the class)
– Sewing machines (if required for class) must be in good working order and you must know how to operate them
– Where classes are project based, given different level of skills and sewing pace, the project may not be completed by the end of the session.
– An email address must be provided for communication. If you do not have an email address, you will need to visit the store to receive the class requirements list up to 10 days prior to class start.